Saturday, April 10, 2010

A day without shoes




I did it.


It was a cold and rainy day, but I did it. I walked all over the mountainous campus barefoot and boy was it unpleasant. The frenchies thought I was really weird and when I explained why I was doing it, some mentioned that it was too cold outside and that I would get sick. I didn't thank goodness.
I'm glad I did it though. It made me stop and think about kids and people all over the world who have to walk around most of their lives without shoes. It made me realize the many things I take for granted. It also made me want to make a difference.

What a great guy, that Tom. I've realized that any little bit helps. We need more people like this.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

James 1:27 (NIV)

2 comments:

mmmmmonica said...

Oh that Tom.

Stella said...

You are a brave soul! I give you props! At first I thought it was a dare and then I realized you were doing it for a good cause. Way to go chika!

Post a Comment