Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Visit.

My sister left this morning. Sad story.
We had a great time together though, not so much of a sad story.

Although lots of great memories were made and had, here are some highlights of our trip:

*Cabin in the French Alps with the family I work for (ice skate outside- my first time)
*William Fitzsimmons concert in Switzerland (nice guy he is)
* Hour wait for the train in the freezing cold weather b/c it got stuck in snow, 50 somethin' yr old Arab man asks me how old I am, what hotel I'm checking into and whether or not he can come.
* Third night in Paris, meet up with some locals- lots of laughs/jokes. good times
* Visited the Louvre and saw the painting that was used for Coldplay's Viva La Vida album. I saw other paintings too I guess. That was just the most important one of course.
*Walking to the metro one day, a man tries to grab my face. Sister pulls me to safety, we laugh nervously.
*La Sacre Coeur, La Tour Eiffel, Montmarte, La Defense & Hausman Saint Lazare we visited. I have decided that I despise huge crowds, especially during the holidays. I have also decided that I am a country girl at heart, I'd rather commute to a city from time to time.
* Amazing Christmas Eve dinner where I was reunited with my southern village roommate and good friend Grace.
* Christmas day spent with my sister walking all over Paris, nice dinner at a little restaurant near the Eiffel Tower.
*I've mastered the metro system now. Feels good.
*Attend church in southern Paris, great worship service

Great Christmas break indeed!








1 comments:

Ben Schnell said...

Viva La Vida! Sounds like a great time. It makes me want to go to another country.

Post a Comment