Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Memories

I've been having a great time, living the life abroad.
The journey so far has been filled with tears, laughter, enlightenment, spiritual awakening and overall growth for the better. Even though I'm here I haven't in the least bit forgotten about the special things back in the States that have contributed to the person I am today. Oh how I miss it all...

I miss driving my car through the back hills of Collegedale during the crisp fall mornings. Gold colored, burnt-orange leaves falling silently to the ground.
I miss my improv crew
I miss making cards full of joy and encouragement and passing them around in a nursing home
I miss the social functions at the Footes' home (swing dancing, was one of the best in my opinion)
I miss singing hymns in church
I miss randomly showing up at Tara, Sarah, Brittany, Brittany and Nicks house (yes, you were a resident my friend) and having sing-a-long sessions after vespers
I miss good talks and trips to the Yellow Deli in the middle of the night
I miss walking around Coolidge park with friends, throwing around a football, or just crusting on a blanket.
I miss making new friends and long trips to Michigan listening to Priscilla Ahn and Jon Foreman
I miss challenging conversations about spirituality (thanks Ben and Zach)
I miss talking about fashion, boys and watching Dr. Quinn Medicine woman all 6 seasons in about a week (Ashley, Amanda and Sharon)
I miss venus & mars (Leslie, Monica, Eric, Ryan, Stella, Ben, Zach, Nick, Sarah, Tony,...oh geez the list goes on)
I miss late night talks and should-be-studying but opting to dance, sessions with my roommates in Hickory 8 (Grace, Edely,)

There are a lot more things I miss but it might be a longer blog than I would want...

The last few years at Southern have been quite rough for me, losing family members to death, dealing with a horrific break-up, "finding" myself again, changing my major and patching things up with my Creator. Since I live on mountain, I have lots of time to think about and reflect on lots of things. All in all, I just thank and appreciate everyone I have come into contact with over the last three years. I will hold onto these precious memories no matter where I am.

"Life is a rough Biography. Memories smooth out the edges." - Dante G. Roque

"Memory is a way of holding onto things that you love,
the things you are, the things you never want to lose."
-The Wonder Years

2 comments:

TaraB said...

I wish you were still here so you could participate in our rockin dance parties. You're missed Ludine!

Nicholas said...

I dig those quotes at the end. And I miss Ludine something fierce!

Post a Comment