Friday, June 4, 2010

God is good, yet again.

I am absolutely speechless. It started today with the Ifle brunch. We were all gathered in the girl's dorm kitchen, feasting on our various favorite brunch foods when I overheard my french teacher tell another colleague that I had written a song, half french and half english for her class and that she wished I would sing it for everyone. I at that moment decided to get over my fear of performing in front of others, walked up to her and told her I would do it if she really wanted me too. She told me to get a guitar and start singing so I asked my roommate if I could borrow hers. After retrieving the guitar I sang my little song. A little woman, seemingly in her 30s came up to me afterwards and asked if I could find her later and sing to her because she wanted to record my song on her tape recorder. I said yes and forgot.

Fast forward to later on that evening. Esther and I were to sing for vespers honoring those theology majors who are graduating this weekend. So we did. Afterwards I went to the restroom and when I got back I saw the woman and her little boy sitting in her lap in the bag row. I felt so bad for forgetting so I went up to her and asked her when would be a good time. She said after the program.

So, I just got finished singing for her and having such a lovely conversation with her. She is a pastor's wife and currently lives in Paris. She is African but was adopted by Italians and lived in Italy all her life. She married a guy from Martinique and now they have a cute little boy, his name I have already forgotten. They speak Italian and French to him. I love it. I have digressed so back to my point. We got to talking about life and God and before I could even really share much with her she told relayed to me everything that I was struggling with this year, without even knowing it.

Everything pertaining to my spiritual struggles, she touched base with. I felt like God was using her to show me that he cared. My issues with trusting God fully, and the influences of certain friends. My questions and curiosities, my doubts and fears. The list goes on and on but she really hit the spot. The funny thing is, this isn't the first encounter I've had this year. A few weeks ago I had a random encounter with another women who did and said most of the same things to me.

I think He's trying to tell me something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment