Friday, June 4, 2010

Coming to a close

This is insane!! I am currently in my room surrounded by all my things, trying to figure out an effective way to pack. This year has flown by and so much has happened inside of me. I don't feel that much different, but something tells me that upon my arrival back in the states I'll be having a MAJOR culture shock.

Collonges has been my home for a year. I'm going to miss the sun peeking up over the Saleve every morning. I'll miss walking down to the Cocci Market to buy my groceries. I'll miss the painful walk up the mountain after spending a day in Geneva. I'll miss all the random encounters with people. I'll miss couchsurfing. I'll miss taking trips all over France and learning about the different cultures within the French culture. I'll miss watching French dubbed movies in the theatre. I'll miss spending time with my french friends; Aurélie, Benjamin, Audrey, and my friends from Portugal Rita, Sam, & Froid. And of course I cannot forget my Tahitian friends Virginie and Mattatini.

I've learned so much this year, but feel as if I could learn so much more. It's a bittersweet feeling. I've gotten accustomed to the life here. I've learned how to survive in a different country, and culture. I've learned how much I need God in my life more than anything else. I've really broadened my horizons while being here and I wouldn't take it back for the world. I've had my ups and downs sure but these things make us stronger. Sometimes, anyway.

So here I am, amidst all my belongings taking in the last few bits of France. I'll have to come back one day and visit my friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment