Monday, January 11, 2010

"So have you met someone?"

Today overall has been a good and somewhat productive day. I went to my classes despite the -10 degree weather and the foot of snow, I can only imagine what states like Florida, and Tennessee must be going through *insert sarcasm here*. I did some well needed laundry, my homework for the day after tomorrow, I even got to sneak in a couple episodes of How I met Your Mother, AND they served lasagna for dinner today!
Afterwards I called my father on Skype because he was finally online. It had been awhile since we had been able to speak so I was a little excited (I'm a daddy's girl). Then, it happened. Not more than five minutes into the conversation my dear, darling father asked,
"So, have you met someone?"

"Yes dad, I meet people everyday."

"hmmm"

"What are you trying to ask me dad?"

" Mmm... (looks down at his desk) If you've met someone, simple, that's it."

"Um, well no. I've got other things on my mind right now, that don't pertain to that at all."

"Umhmm well, I'm praying. (Looks me square in the face, well as much as you can via Skype) You shouldn't leave college without a mate."

(eyes bulging out of my face as I burst into robust laughter. He smiles. It's strained.)

We change the topic.

This seems to be a reoccurring exchange of words between my father and I.
I sense some anxiousness on his part.

Poor thing.

7 comments:

kessia reyne said...

If I were Skyping with him, I'd put his fears to rest by pointing out that his daughter is hot, popular, wise, and kind. No worries needed.

Nicholas said...

Ludine. Have you made a list? Have you brought it before the Lord?

Ben Schnell said...

My dad is definitely more worried about that than I am too.

Miss Jehle said...

Now it's my turn to relate! (Except that I'm about to leave college round two..) Anxious parents and terrible weather...Oh the burdens we bear.

TaraB said...

This brings to mind a conversation I had with Dustin and Tiffany last night. Your name was mentioned, good things were said. You won't have a problem Ludine, cause I agree with Kessia.

Turkey said...

So I wanted to comment, but don't have anything new to say. Ditto.

Unknown said...

Oh, Ludine...I wish I could bump into you at Market Night in Redlands next Thursday. I like reading your thoughts. True be told, I really wanted to be the one to write: "Ludine, Have you made a list? Have you brought it before the Lord?" But that Nick of a guy beat me to it once again. Dang it. From one single gal to another, I think you're fabulous. ;) I'm sure you're fabulous in French, too.

Post a Comment