Monday, November 16, 2009

He answered before I spoke

My struggle and His response:
I'm not brave.
I'LL LEAD YOU
I'm not eloquent or good with words.
ALL I NEED IS A WILLING SPIRIT
I'm hurting.
TRUST ME, I CAN HEAL IF YOU'LL LET ME
I can't even figure out how to follow your commands.
WALK WITH ME
I might be a Pop and a Trad- but definitely not a Rad. Not yet anyway.
LET ME HELP YOU
I always mess up.
I DIED FOR YOU
I don't always stand up for You.
I DIED FOR YOU
I let you down.
I DIED FOR YOU
I compare, criticize and judge unfairly.
I JUDGE FAIRLY
I keep trying to "find myself" but without You.
HOLD MY HAND
I'm inconsistent.
I'M CONSISTENT
I'm so lost.
I'VE FOUND YOU.

He answered before I spoke.
He knew what my heart was saying.
He answered before I spoke.

6 comments:

Ben Schnell said...

I should remember more often that God is always present and that he knows whats going on with me. Thanks for the reminder.

Ludine Pierre said...

No problem Ben- I'm definitely preaching to the choir. I was discouraged about my walk with Christ when I was writing this. I have so much free time on my hands here that I often find myself thinking and reflecting a lot, and analyzing a lot. The funny thing is, I started out just wanting to vent and write out how I was feeling. Every time I wrote something down however, a thought came to mind about what God would say. It was very encouraging. I'm glad that it was beneficial to you as well.

kessia reyne said...

God is so faithful! "Even if we are faithless, He is faithful, for He cannot disown Himself."

Keep fighting the good fight, Ludine. His grace is sufficient...

Justin Jones said...

This is beautiful Ludine. Thanks for writing this.

TaraB said...

Shivers Ludine. I have shivers. Thanks for letting God speak to my soul through you. Miss you friend.

Unknown said...

:)

Post a Comment